PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and it can be embedded into HTML.
PHP also known as a Server Side Scripting Language. This means all of the source code stays on a server not visible on the browser as well as client side and PHP is free to download and use.
Before continue learning php you should have a basic knowledge of the following:
1. PHP supporting system functions, i.e. from files system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
2. PHP can handle forms, i.e. collect data from files, save data to a file, through email you can send data, return data to the user.
3. PHP can add, delete, modify elements within your database through PHP.
4. PHP can access cookies variables and set cookies.
5. Using PHP, you can restrict users to access specific pages of your website.
6. PHP can encrypt and decrypt data.
7. PHP can generate dynamic page content.
1. PHP is a cross platform means runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
2. PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
3. PHP supports a wide range of popular databases (Mysql, Oracle, etc.)
4. PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.
5. PHP is most secure language, because of source code note show on browser.
6. PHP is easy compatible with the hardware.
7. PHP execution is fast compare other server side scripting languase.
8. PHP is free available to use. Download Source file from official website www.php.net
First PHP program start with “Hello, World!”.
<html> <head> <title>Hello World PHP Script - phpkida</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello, World!";?> </body> </html>