What is an HTML File?
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
- An HTML file is a text file containing small markup tags.
- The markup tags tell the Web browser how to display the page.
- An HTML file must have an htm or html file extension.
An HTML file can be created using any simple text editor like “Notepad” of the Microsoft Windows. First of all let me explain the above web page and how it is created, how easily it can be created. It is very easy to insert the element in the HTML pages simply by writing their tags and provide their attribute.
Basic Description of HTML File
The HTML file can be divided into the three parts:
- HTML Header
- HTML Body
- HTML Footer
- HTML Header :- is the top most part of the HTML file in this section of the file we define the header of file and also Title of the file can be provided.
- HTML Body :- is the middle part of file, in this section we define all text and elements which is to displayed on web page.
- HTML Footer :- is the end section of the file.
How To Write a HTML File ?
To write a HTML file you need an text editor, open the text editor and start writing file as given below: Steps to write a file & view the web page:
- Open the text editor (e.g. notepad).
- Write the above file in it OR copy the above file and paste it on the notepad.
- Save this file as .htm or .html file extension (e.g. .htm , .html).
- Now open the Internet Browser and open the saved file.
- Now you can see your web page.